We help community organizations track and manage their recurring activities. We provide the tools and practices that meet the standards and requirements of the non-profit sector. We tailor our services to the locality, activity and specific needs of each client.
We accomplish this mandate by relying on the following principles:
- Adaptivity : we understand the application domain of each client, and customize our services to their specific needs
- Simplicity : we propose tools that are light, pragmatic, easy to use and maintain
- Transparency : we communicate honestly, in a clear language, and share our knowledge
- Mutualisation : we pool resources and contributions from our clients and our partners in order to offer the best product at a low price.
More concretely, we work at accomplishing the following goals:
- Offer tools that are adapted to Quebec, francophone and multi-lingual communities
- Reduce the costs of custom software development
- Improve our software platform for all users
- Allow all organisations to benefit from technological advances developed by other users of the software (pooling and sharing using Free Software)
- Encourage open ecosystems, based on long term viable and inter-operable solutions (which may include both Free and proprietary software)
- Make Free Software more accessible and affordable for smaller organizations
- Document and share knowledge that benefits the community
- Grow a working environment which promotes these activities.
Coop Symbiotic is a worker owned co-operative. We believe that each employee can bring a valuable contribution to the enterprise as a whole by keeping in touch with the concerns of its customers and by meeting their expectations.